Our Unitarian Universalist Principles and Sources
We, the member congregations of the Unitarian Universalist Association, covenant to affirm and promote these principles:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth in our congregations
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning
- The right of conscience and the use of democratic process within our congregations and society at large
- The goal of world community with peace, liberty and justice for all
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part
The living tradition we share draws from many sources:
- Direct experience of that transcending mystery and wonder, affirmed in all cultures, which moves us to a renewal of the spirit and an openness to the forces which create and uphold life
- Words and deeds of prophetic women and men which challenge us to confront powers and structures of evil with justice, compassion, and the transforming power of love
- Wisdom from the world's religions which inspires us in our ethical and spiritual life
- Jewish and Christian teachings which call us to respond to God's love by loving our neighbors as ourselves
- Humanist teachings which counsel us to heed the guidance of reason and the results of science, and warn us against idolatries of the mind and spirit
- Spiritual teachings of earth-centered traditions which celebrate the sacred circle of life and instruct us to live in harmony with the rhythms of nature
Ten Good Reasons for Joining a Unitarian Universalist Congregation
- Because here we join with open hearts and minds to worship together, seeking what is sacred among us.
- Because here we are part of a long, liberal tradition of reason and tolerance, of hope and liberation.
- Because here we honor our Jewish and Christian roots, and also reach out to know the great truths found in other religious expressions.
- Because here we acknowledge that revelation is never sealed and empower ourselves to search for new truths.
- Because here we nuture our children's enthusiasms and encourage their questions.
- Because here we welcome diverse people and views.
- Because here we join our strength with others to create a more just society.
- Because here we respect the whole self--mind, body, and spirit working together.
- Because here we encourage each other to be true to ourselves.
- Because here we build a supportive community that eases our loneliness and opens our hearts.
by Bill and Barbara Hamilton-Holway and Mark Harris
A complete Society Calendar can be found in the members' section of the website.
|9:00 ||Office Closed |
|4:30 ||Animal Ministry Meeting|
|7:00 ||Membership Committee Meeting|
|9:00 ||Office Closed |
|6:00 ||Board Meeting|
|8:00 ||Marathon Sunday Jr. Youth Group Fundraiser!|
|10:00 ||Womens Spirituality Group|
|5:00 ||Ethier/Sanders Wedding|
|6:00 ||Yuuth Group Evening Meeting|
|9:00 ||Office Closed - Memorial Day Holiday|
|2:00 ||Abby Hale Memorial Service|